Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Announcing The Rookies
posted: Monday, September 18, 2006 at 1:45 PM

Congratulations to the new rookies on our team! Let me start out by saying that these girls are amazing all around. They are sweet, intelligent, beautiful, & talented girls. Portland, you are going to love them! The newly added members to the Blazer Dancers are Michelle, Rea, Chanelle, Jessica, and CaMicha. Here's your chance to get to know each of them before the season begins.
This week is all about Jessica. She's 23 years old and is currently doing advertising and marketing. She describes herself as “spunky” because she thinks it's a good mix of upbeat and weird. Jessica adds about herself, "I love to stay busy and involved... If I'm not insanely busy then I turn into a slug. I really, really love and appreciate my entire family, as they are all really supportive of all of my endeavors and totally crack me up. My friends are also a huge part of my life, and some of my favorite times are being able to meet up for coffee or watch Greys Anatomy and catch up. I also LOVE cats and ice cream, and sometimes get crafty (scrapbooks or cooking)."
When I see Jessica, I think of an all around American girl. She's got the gorgeous blond hair, good looks, she's intelligent, and she seems very optimistic. Did I mention she's a dancer? Sorry guys, she's taken! I asked Jessica what made her tryout for the team and she replied with, "As a child and teen there was an aura about the blazer dancers and it seemed so NOT obtainable. However, after I graduated college and came back to Portland, I got to know some of the girls already on the team and felt really encouraged to tryout. I'm so happy I did!" Jessica's biggest challenge so far is soaking in all the routines, but I think she's doing a great job so far. Her expectations for her first year is to simply make some really good friends and grow as a dancer. She adds about the dancers "they are a very inspirational group. Everyone has so much going on with their lives and their positive outlooks and demeanor are inspiring." I asked Jessica how she feels she's doing and she said "Emotionally - great! I have found the experience to be really positive and a great environment to be in. Physically - a little tired. But I think that has been due to finding the balance of Blazers and the rest of life :)" Out of curiosity, I asked Jessica if she felt being a Blazer Dancer was everything she expected it to be. Jessica replied with "I think it's still a little early to tell. Learning how to fit in and keep up with all of the routines definitely makes me understand why we are called rookies! haha!"


1 Comments:
Blogger Westside Erik said...

Is Desiree still a Blazer dancer?

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

=