Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Another Rookie
posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 at 11:46 AM

Rea, another one of our rookies, is a 22 yr old from the Mariana Islands but raised in Portland, OR. Rea describes herself as “positive” because her dad taught her to think that way as often as possible. She ads about herself, “I'm pretty laid back, I think. I'm happy when I'm busy. I'm in love with my cute boyfriend (who I live with). I have two dogs and 1 cat. I love my family to pieces, my friends are my saving grace. I love the beach and being in the sun. I also have no problem wearing flip flops year round (I blame that on the island girl in me!)”

Rea is our very own Halle Berry look-a-like. Watch out guys, you are going to fall in love with her! What I appreciate about Rea is her calm and mature yet spunky personality. I personally look forward to getting to know her more. As for her dance back ground, Rea was classically trained, growing up with ballet, jazz, & modern as her staple classes. But despite all the training, Rea still feels emotionally exhausted trying to keep up with Blazers. When asked about her thoughts on the Blazer Dancers, now that she has been able to get to know us a little, she replied with “I'm really enjoying getting to know the people on the team. Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. It has been a pleasant surprise, I kind of expected people to be too busy to really take the time to help me the way they have.”

I asked Rea what she has learned about this team so far and her response was, “I've learned that I'm not the only person who lives the way I do. Other people in my life think I'm crazy because I have too much going on in my life. But now I've met a whole group of other people that choose to be just as busy as I do. It makes me feel not so crazy.” It sounds like Rea will have no problem fitting in with the rest of us. Rea can’t wait for the season to begin. She is excited to experience a game when the seats are full and the crowd is roaring. I continued to ask Rea what made her try out for the team. She replied with, “I enjoy being a part of a team, I enjoyed it in high school and have been missing the benefits of being a part of a team. I grew up in Portland, I've always known about the Blazers, it just seemed like the right time in my life to try out.”


3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argon o jojo!!!
She sure is..Jamilah..and wer'e all proud of her!!
Go Rea!! Go Rea!!
Hopefully the Blazers will do better this year..lol.
(born-again Blazerfan)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I grew up dancing with Rea. I was so glad to see she became a blazer dancer...I hope to join her soon!!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rea I am Very Proud of you and Am so happy to see you still dancing. You look Wonderful and So happy when your dancing. You still got that Small bottle of Coolwater? Get back to me.
~JTC

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

=