Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 at 10:13 AM

For those of you who attended this year's Blazer Dancer tryouts, you are guaranteed to remember Michelle. The reason I'm convinced of this is that Michelle did an abnormal leg hold with abnormal flexibility at the beginning of her solo routine. From that point on, it was obvious Michelle was a rhythmic gymnast.

Portland, meet our new Gumby.

Michelle is a 20 year old, currently a student at Portland State University. She describes herself as Driven."I know that when I make a goal, I will work very hard to make it and I never give up" she says. Indeed, Michelle's goal was to make the team and that she did with flying colors, in my opinion. Michelle has the sass, the personality, the looks, and the talent. She also loves food and has quite the sense of humor. I think she'll fit right in with the rest of us! I asked Michelle what she has learned from the team so far and her reply was, "I have learned that we can have fun and laugh about things, but when it comes to dancing or working out, we get down to business. It's good to learn this kind of work ethic." I asked Michelle if practicing in the bowl at the Rose Garden makes her nervous. She replied with, "It makes me more excited for the big day to come. I know I will get nervous right before, but I can't wait." Like all the other rookies, Michelle's biggest challenge so far is remembering all of the routines. There has not been one practice this season that we didn't learn a new routine. No wonder the girls struggle a little.

Michelle likes to take funny pictures with her friends and thinks she's a bit weird, but who isn't? She adds about herself, "My dad is my hero. He was in Iraq for a long period of time during the war. He is back now and won't be doing that anymore. My mom is always there for me and is my main support. My sister is close with me. I am going to go to PSU and I am studying theater. I want to be an actress. I don't want to get married for a long time. And I am allergic to snap peas and carrots. Haha!" She continues to add about the team, "I am so happy to be apart of this great group of girls. Everyone is really nice and just fun to be around and dance with. I can't wait to get on the court with everyone!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

=