Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Rookie Channelle: The Quiet One
Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


First Pre-Season Game
posted: Monday, October 16, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Wednesday was our first pre-season game against Seattle. We had practiced so much and drilled our routines a million times during the off season that we were so ready to perform. I felt the familiar adrenaline rush as the lights faded and our team was announced. The fans seemed excited to see us as we made our usual entrance.

My favorite part of the night was performing Old Time Rock and Roll. We wore a men's white dress shirt, with little red shorts and tube socks. The game itself was fun to perform, but the outfit was the icing on the cake. I am pretty sure the fans enjoyed it as much as we did. I mean, how often do we get to slide across the court in socks! The other two routines we performed were Shakira, which we nicknamed “aiy, yai, yai”, and Push It. All fun routines.

The entire night involved running around visiting and surprising people in the audience. One of those special individuals were one of our coach's sons, Daniel. We surprised him with 5 boxes of pizza and a big cake for him and his friends. We sang happy birthday to him, took pictures and even kissed him on the cheek. Our goal was to embarrass him on front of his friends, but to our surprise, he was proud and not at the least bit embarrassed. I'm sure he'll find it hard to forget this birthday! Another special person we visited was my teammate MaryEllen's mom. It was her birthday as well. We hardly sat on the court, but what we did see of the game was definitely exciting to watch. I felt it was a great game and was convinced we had it, until the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

The next morning I woke up with extremely soar muscles and a stiff neck (self induced whip lash from a lot of hair flinging). I might also add that I was about 4 1/2 hours late to work, making it in to the office by 11:30 instead of 7am. But despite my exhaustion and aching body, I had no choice but to pull myself together for yet another busy day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

=