Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
First Pre-Season Game
Rookie Channelle: The Quiet One
Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Opening Night is almost here!
posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 at 8:57 AM


Just 3 more days till opening night and the dancers are anxiously waiting to perform the traditional energy-draining half time show. Although, while excited, we are scrambling to perfect our recently learned routines. It almost seems expected of us to use a different theme each year, and I am confident the crowd will enjoy what we have brewing. I won't spoil the surprise, but I will hint that an apparatus will be used by all of the dancers, increasing the difficulty level of our routines as well as adding a million times more stress. In my personal opinion, our half time show is more entertaining than technical although I am thankful for this being an apparatus is involved.

I, personally, am a little stressed and nervous. It is up to each dancer to pull her own weight during this stressful time and make sure that each routine is drilled and completely memorized. Do I feel I'm there? No, not yet. Therefore, I am not as confident yet still trying to be optimistic. I have no clue what our outfits will look like and such thoughts like "Will we look hot? Will we look goofy? How the heck will I be able to dance in boots? Will I remember all the routines and formations?" The answers to my questions are clear at this point- I DON'T KNOW!

Aside from having to learn how to use an apparatus, I've been dealing with an injured foot. I'm not alone on this one. Several of the dancers, in fact, are dealing with their own pulled muscles and injuries. But I bet not one fan will be able to tell while we are performing. Overall, I am extremely proud of our team, my coach especially, for putting a half time show together without the help of our usual choreographers. I'm extremely excited and equally nervous for this Saturday because I know that we will pull it off regardless! I can't imagine how the rookies might feel!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

=