Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Opening Night is almost here!
First Pre-Season Game
Rookie Channelle: The Quiet One
Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


What a way to start the season!
posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 12:14 PM

WOW! What an exciting game to start the season off! Opening night truly felt like a playoff game. The almost packed arena was smoldering hot from the excessive body heat, the adrenaline rush had taken over not only the players and dancers but the fans as well. It was one of those moments you can remember in slow motion. An exciting game from start to finish. The announcing of the players, which we refer to as "opening" was our first chance to show off our new uniform. The outfit was hot- flattering, attention grabbing, sexy but classy ;-) And what more perfect but to add white stiletto boots and a huge crystal necklace! The crowd loved it, we loved it. It was perfect.

Our half time show was definitely entertaining. We did a country theme this year, wearing daisy duke shorts, a jean vest, cowgirl boots, a hat, and a lasso to complete the uniform. We show cased our two rhythmic gymnasts, Melissa and rookie Michelle. Each dancer performed the routine with a lasso, which was quite difficult and took some getting used to. We pulled off a great show.

But with all those memorable moments, the intense last quarter of the game is what I remember the most. Seeing the passion our fans still had for our team, the excitement of the game, it was a moment I will never forget. The time we spent preparing for that night, the late night practices, the countless hours with barely any energy to get by, it was all worth it. Its memories like opening night that remind me of why I am a Blazer Dancer- because I love our team, I have great faith in them, and no matter what the score, my heart is there....just like our players...

I hope all you fans out there look forward to sharing more of these memorable moments with us. I know I do! The fans truly play a tremendous role in game nights. Your faith and support keeps this team alive and strong. Speaking of which, you can now purchase a BLAZER DANCER PACK which includes 4 games and an opportunity to meet my fellow teammates and I! How cool would that be! I look forward to meeting all you wonderful fans! So don't just read my blogs, come meet us in person and continue to support our team! Go Blazers!


1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to encourage all of you to go to as many Blazers' games as you can this year. I know they are in the rebuilding process and I don't agree with how management got them to that process in the first place, but what's done is done, and from where they are at now, I think that they are headed in the right direction, and no matter what they are always exciting to watch! I know that the Blazers, BlazerDancers, BlazersStuntTeam, and Blaze really appreciate the fan support! So let's cheer our Blazers on this year and maybe we'll have a good shot at the playoffs, which will be a huge step in the right direction! Fans you are the Sixth Man! So let's try and sell out every home game this year, aight? :-)

Posted by Knaussta Monsta at 5:00 PM

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

=