Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
What a way to start the season!
Opening Night is almost here!
First Pre-Season Game
Rookie Channelle: The Quiet One
Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies
Dancing On Concrete Isn't Easy
Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pro Dance 2007

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


It Was Hot!
posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 at 9:05 AM

Last week Wednesday was the game against the Lakers, which made for an exciting night. Not only was the game a success but the dancers had their own little excitement going on. For the first time, the Blazer Dancers teamed up with the hip-hop squad to perform together. We danced to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake, a routine I learned and re-taught from Pro-Dance. The original choreography, taught by Chio, was hot itself, but after combining with the hip hop team’s choreography, we were amazingly hot! It was a great performance all around and I know both teams highly enjoyed it.

I could sense the intoxicating energy from when I first stepped in to the room at practice. My coach, Dee, had asked for a few of us dancers to attend the hip hop team’s practice and help with the whole process. I had no idea I would end up teaching them a few eight counts! These dancers are the best at that particular style and how intimidating it was to teach them! It was a moment of shock and slight panic, but I was fortunate to pull myself to grips.

I caught myself staring at them, watching in awe, and I also found myself observing how they interact with each other. Their world seems so different from ours. The dancers have such strong personalities and their practice seemed so laid back, yet they still dance really hard. In the world of the Blazer Dancers, we do joke around and have a great time however we are definitely more strict and focused during practice. They were quite entertaining to watch! I do hope we get to perform with them again.


1 Comments:
Blogger Westside Erik said...

I know the feeling. I catch myself staring at the dancers all the time.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

=