Height: 5'1"
Occupation: Legal clerk/Singer
How long have you danced: 14 years
Favorite Style of Dance: Jazz
Guilty Pleasure: Papa Haydn's Raspberry Gateau. Mmmmm...
Hometown: Tumon, Guam
Dosha Stylist: Kristina Paris
Favorite Trail Blazer: Martell Webster

Home
Previous Posts:
Exciting Night For the Blazers and BlazerDancers!
Swimsuit Calendar Is Here!
It Was Hot!
What a way to start the season!
Opening Night is almost here!
First Pre-Season Game
Rookie Channelle: The Quiet One
Rookie Michelle: aka Gumby
Another Rookie
Announcing The Rookies

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
My BlazerDancer Page
BlazerDancer Homepage
Mike Barrett's Blog
Blog Espanol
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Wow, Busy Game
posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 12:59 PM

It was a busy game on Sunday from the moment I stepped in to the arena at 2:30 in the afternoon. It was expected to be a big game against the Miami Heat but some of the Blazer Dancers had other things going on as well. A short meeting was held right before practice re the All-Star Dance Team competition with the candidates, Melissa, Marlene, and I, as well as our coach and Craig Miller. Want to vote? Click here! Details were finally given out, which made things feel all the more real. Following our meeting was a long, hard practice for the game. With all that was on my mind, I soon discovered I was set as a point for a routine I briefly learned once and now had to perform! I was fortunate to have the ability to learn routines fast.

A few of the dancers have also been sick, including myself, which made it a little more difficult to dance. But we pushed ourselves to work hard and eventually got through it. By the end of practice, which seemed would never end, I was drenched in sweat. I had about 5 minutes to dry off and prep for the game before I was brought upstairs in to the blazer office for a radio interview by phone with a talk show on Guam.

For those who don't know, I am a local island girl of the tiny island where I was born and raised for 16 years. Following my interview was another meeting with my coach re other matters. Check out the story here! I was able to get two bites of food in my system before I had to rush back to the dressing room for all the usual pre-game stuff. With 20 minutes to get ready for the game, I was practically sprinting in my stiletto boots on to the floor to cheer for opening! Have you ever seen a Blazer Dancer fall and scrape her knee then run on to the court and smile and cheer ignoring the painful throb like it never happened? The few lucky individuals by the loading dock and Garden garage would say yes. But despite the madness the game was awesome and our routines rocked! In the end, it was disappointing to lose to Miami, but the memory of that game will stick with me for a long time!


2 Comments:
Blogger FREDERICK MARIO R. UBALDO, UNCAGED said...

Hi Ione. I am a big Blazer fan since I was a kid. I am also your fan ever since I see you among the BlazerDancers. Too bad I dont get to watch live the games of the Blazers because I live here in Manila Philippines. But I made a point to watch it live when it is telecast here. It's also disappointing that I can only get a glimpse of all the dancers, especially you, sometimes not at all, during the live coverage. I wish you can email me back. Continue believing. Good luck to you and your career. God bless.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Pabst said...

Greetings from Iraq...I don't get to watch many games here but I still remain a loyal fan. What a talent pool we have this year! I myself, have spent time in Tumon, and have always enjoyed eating at the upstairs hawaiian restaurant/cafe near the beach hotels. Take care and enjoy the Portland scene...hopefully I can do the same this summer. Archie

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

=